Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blu-Ray in Iloilo Spotted


The thought of having Blu-Ray players at home is still a relatively obscure concept for me. I already have a DVD player and I'm already enjoying the resolution. I mean, c'mon, why do you really want it to be that crisp and clear. It's just disappointing to see the laugh lines and stretch marks of our favorite stars.

Anyway, I spotted a Blu-Ray player here in our city. Nope, I'm not talking about the Sony PlayStation 3. I'm talking about stand alone Blu-Ray player. The cost: a whopping 39,000.

There are two problems here in the Iloilo City. Please correct me if I'm wrong:

First: There are no Blu-Ray discs here. I don't think Blu-Ray is compatible with DVDs.
Second: With the same price, you can get a powerful PlayStation 3. It's a gaming console and Blu-Ray player rolled into one.

But the good news is that this signals that something better is coming to the city. Hopefully it will not cost me my limb in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment