Friday, October 16, 2009

Flash Review: GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra

I was born in the 80s so I can say that I was there when they presented GI Joe in animation. Just like any kid my age, I was excited to see them on TV and kinda angry everytime I see the nemesis and rejoiced when the good guys arrive.

Having said this, I have mixed feelings when I saw the movie in theaters. I know they have awesome effects and the action is actually not bad but something is being pushed here.

They are pushing for a sequel. Yep, it's not a spoiler but they are simply thinking of making more money out of the story.

In gist, the movie is a presentation on how the feud started. They presented the background of every major character and added a few twists in the end. If you're not familiar with the original animation, then this movie is a great start to know the "Joes" as they say it.

There are people who complained about the "suit" since they are not seen in the original animation. This is what I have to say, the suit is surprisingly not a big part of the story so quit whining about it. It's just part of the plot so they can cover some holes and even make it more futuristic.

But the fact still remains: they are just trying to make a movie so that it can become a franchise. On the other hand, the part of me loves the action so my thoughts on the movie re mixed. I just wish the next "Joe" will not have the forced set-up for part 3.

6/10

Official Site

Wiki (warning spoilers)

No comments:

Post a Comment