Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Flash Review: Land of the Lost Review


Land of the Lost is a remake of a popular children's movie during the 70s. I wish I could say more about the original but I never saw it. But that doesn't mean a review is not supposed to be done.

There are two sides of the coin in this movie and there will be two groups who will watch it: those who like it and those who will not like (or hate) it. I have to be part of the first group since I personally like it. Maybe because I haven't watched the original series which means I don't have any frame of reference. Those who don't like it on the other hand will surely complain that the main character is not the same as the original Dr. Rick Marshall.

But still, the movie is funny has a few surprises and can give you a great time. On the other hand, there are some troubling times in the movie. Sometimes the characters are just pushing for some skits that do not really have a good effect on the movie (a bit spoiler on the crab). It can be a bit frustrating for those who wanted to have good laughs. What I was surprised was that there are actually instances that will make you jump on your chair.

Overall, the movie is good for kids and parents. I don't know if there's really a moral to the story but I don't think that anyone watching this will really complain in getting their lost 1.5 hours.

7/10

Wiki (warning spoilers)

No comments:

Post a Comment